- About Us
- Our History
- Classes, Workshops, Services
- Contact Us
What is "Maderas del Pueblo del Sureste"?
A non-governmental environmental organization supporting indigenous people and rural communities, contributing to their sustainable development in a manner that is socially just and in harmony with nature.
We are driven to foster the technical, legal, and social strengthening of people in their process of self-organization and autonomous administration, as well as the defense and care of their lands and natural resources. We work towards these goals through investigation, networking, education, community discussion, legal advocacy, and through our various publications.
“Maderas” (MPS) has been a legally established civil association since 1991, and over the span of its existence, has collaborated with various non-governmental organizations:
- Pacto de Grupos Ecologistas (PGE; Pact of Ecologist Groups)
- Comité Nacional para la Defensa y Conservación de los Chimalapas (CNDCh; National Committee for the Defense and Conservation of the Chimalapas)
- Unión de Grupos Ambientalistas (UGAM; Union of Environmental Groups)
- Foro de Organizaciones Civiles de Oaxaca (FOCO; Oaxacan Civil Organization Forum)
- Comisión Oaxaqueña de Defensa Ecológica (CODE; Oaxacan Ecological Defense Committee)
- Red Contra la Extrema Pobreza, A.C. (RECEPAC; Network Against Extreme Poverty)
- Red de Experimentación Campesina, Vida Digna y Sostenible (Network for Campesino Experimentation and Sustainable, Decent Living)
- Convergencia de Organismos Civiles por la Democracia (Civil Organization Convergence for Democracy)
- Congreso Nacional Indígena (National Indigenous Congress); Misíon Civil por la Paz (Civil Pacifist Mission)
- Coalición Ecologista No a la Parota (Ecological Coalition Against “La Parota”)
- Colectivo 99.1 Frecuencia Libre (Cooperative 99.1 Freedom Frequency)
- Comisión Civil de Observación para Montes Azules (Civil Montes Azules Observation Committee)
- Red por la Paz Chiapas (Chiapas Peace Network)
- La Red Chiapas por la Defensa de la Tierra y Territorio (Chiapan Land and Territory Defense Network)
- In addition, we are an integral part of “La Otra Campaña” (The “Other” Campaign)